After a successful Pilot release, we’re excited to announce the Case Quickstop Banner will be available to all Service Provider Locations starting Thursday, Oct 22, 2020 as part of the Case 7.215 release. The Case Quickstop Banner displays critical case information at the top of the page for easy location, now with the added option for configuring which fields display in that banner.
This document outlines our release plan for this feature and the steps you’ll need to take to enable and configure it for your location.
Our contact info is provided at the end of this document if you have questions on setting up the feature or the release experience for your users.
What’s the Case Quickstop Banner?
The Case Quickstop Banner is a banner at the top of the Editing Case page that clearly and more prominently displays the crucial information and essential actions your users interact with on a regular basis to keep the case moving.
It contains crucial information, including:
- Case Number
- Customer Name
- Repair Status
- Repair Order
- Unit Number
- Assigned User
And essential actions, such as:
- Follow Case
- Asset Ready
- Asset in Service
- Close Case
In order for users at your Dealer Location to see this banner, you need to use your Dealer Admin permissions to enable it for your location.
Once enabled, you can configure which data displays and the order in which it displays on the banner to make sure your users see the information that’s important to your Dealer Location.
Enable and Configure the Case Banner
Starting on Thursday, Oct 22, 2020, when we release Case 7.215, as a Dealer Admin for your location, you’ll be given the option to configure and enable this feature for your users.
We encourage Dealer Admins to review the information below and decide on their configuration setup, so you’re prepared to enable and configure it between now and when we turn it on for all users on Thursday, Nov 5, 2020.
NOTE: Some Dealer Locations already have the Case Quickstop Banner enabled. This release will not affect your banner in any way, except you’ll also be given the option to configure it as described below.
Configure the Banner Fields
The features of the Case Quickstop Banner include four data fields, important actions, previous page links, and a sticky header that scrolls with the user as they move down the page.
By default, no data will display in the four data fields. You have the option of configuring what data displays in these fields to fit the needs of your Dealer Location.
PRO TIP: We recommend completing this step before enabling the banner so your users have a seamless user experience and only see your finished configuration.
To configure the banner as a Dealer Admin user:
- Open your Dealer Location from the Portal.
- From the menu bar, click Admin.
- From the Administrative Tools list, select Quickstop Banner Preferences.
On the page that displays, you’ll see four Field dropdowns.
- For each Field, select the data you want to display for your users on the Case Quickstop banner. Scroll down to see a table that outlines your options for each field.
- You can select up to four fields in any order you choose or leave them empty.
- The order in which you select your data also determines the order in which they display on the screen (i.e., Field1 displays the farthest left, Field4 displays the farthest right).
- People tend to read from left to right, so consider selecting the most important and widely used data first.
- After you select the data for each field, you’ll be given the option to select a sub-field of additional, related information to display below the field you selected.
- The data you select to display will determine the data you can select for the sub-field. Not all fields will have the option for sub-fields.
Once you’re done configuring your fields, click SAVE CHANGES.
When you select a Field Option below for one of your fields, you’ll be able to choose from the related Sub-Fields Options to display below the main field. You can select up to 2 sub-fields to display for each main Field Option.
|Field Options||Sub-Field Options (select up to 2)|
|Repair Order Number||Export Status|
|Repair Status||Assigned User|
Changes made to the Quickstop Banner configuration take effect immediately after saving.
Enable the Banner
When you enable the banner, users will begin seeing it immediately. At any point after you enable it, you can change the configuration of the banner or even disable it and have your changes update for your users immediately.
PRO TIP: We recommend configuring the banner as described above before enabling it so your users only see your finished configuration.
To enable the banner as a Dealer Admin user:
- If you're already on the Quickstop Banner Preferences page, click BACK TO ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS at the top of the screen
- Or, if you've navigated away from the Banner Preferences page, Click Admin from the menu bar.
- From the Administrative Tools list, select Customize Your Database, then Location Information.
- On the Features tab, look for a feature called Enable Quickstop Banner.
- Use the dropdown to select YES for this feature.
- At the bottom of the screen, click SAVE FEATURES at the bottom of the page.
Users will begin seeing the Case Quickstop Banner the next time they refresh their screen or navigate to the Editing Case page.
Enabled by Default - Eventually
When we release this feature on Thursday, Oct 22, 2020 as part of the Case 7.215 release, this feature will NOT be enabled by default. This gives your Dealer Location time to decide what configuration works best for your team and make changes as needed before enabling the Quickstop Banner.
Two weeks later, on Thursday, Nov 5, 2020, we will enable this banner by default for all Dealer Locations as we continue to improve the user experience.
If your location has already enabled the Case Quickstop Banner, you’ll see no changes. If your location has not enabled it by then, we will enable it with a selection of default fields that you can configure as needed at any time.
- 22 Sept (Thursday) - Feature Available for all Service Provider Locations
- Release Notes and In-App Announcement displayed to Dealer Admins
- Help Articles available in the Help Center
- Support Team prepared to answer any questions
- In-App Announcement and Tutorial available to users seeing the Quickstop Banner for the first time
- 5 Nov (Thursday) - Feature Enabled for all Service Provider Locations
Same as those supported by the rest of the application:
- Chrome 80 or above (recommended)
- IE 11
Contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.