The Technician Story feature allows a technician to provide, at the operation level, time and date stamped notes of steps taken to diagnose and/or repair an asset. The individual entries are not editable but the technician can add as many records as necessary, each with a 5,000 character limit.
Technician Stories can only be seen by the Service Location and will not be viewable by the customer or an outside party. However, a user with the permissions of a Service Advisor, Service Manager, or General Manager can easily paste them into the Correction field and edit them, as needed, for viewing by the customer. This information is provided below but more details about the updates to these fields can be found in the article Complaint, Cause, and Correction.
- Technician Stories currently only work on the full browser version of Case, not on Case Mobile. This functionality is being discussed and may be added in the future.
- Technician Stories do not currently integrate with any Dealer Management Systems, but this functionality will be added in the near future.
- This article will be updated with new information, as needed. If you would like to be notified of changes, like DMS integrations, please click the Follow button at the bottom of this article.
How to use
- From the case, click the desired operation to open the Edit Operation page.
- Under the Technician Story section, enter your notes and click ADD. Once added, these entries cannot be edited.
- Perform steps again for multiple entries, if needed.
- Click Save & Previous or Save & Next to continue.
How to copy to Correction field
The new button in the Correction field, SELECT TECH STORIES, allows a Service Advisor, Service Manager, or General Manager to populate the Correction field with current Tech Stories and edit them as necessary for viewing by the customer.
- Under the Correction Description Field, click the SELECT TECH STORIES button.
- The Correction field will be populated with all of the saved Tech Stories.
- You may now edit the Tech Stories as needed, then click SAVE CHANGES.
Remember that these Tech Stories will now be viewable by the customer through this Correction field.
How to Enable/Disable - Admin
This feature can be enabled or disabled according to need/preference.
- Go to ADMIN>CUSTOMIZE YOUR DATABASE>LOCATION INFORMATION>FEATURES TAB
- On the ENABLE TECHNICIAN STORIES drop-down menu, select YES or NO
- Click SAVE FEATURES
Please sign in to leave a comment.